Author Topic: Regarding Our World-Wide Launch Date  (Read 5423 times)

Gene_Mythic

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Regarding Our World-Wide Launch Date
« on: July 18, 2013, 10:17:00 AM »
We realize that you all are anxiously awaiting the world-wide launch of the iOS version of Ultima Forever, and believe me when I tell you that we’re just as excited and eager as the lot of you!

That said, we need to prevail upon your mastery of the real-life Virtue, Patience, just a little while longer.

Our world-wide launch has been pushed back a handful of weeks, due to the need to spend a little more time tuning the economy and wrangling performance across all devices.  The delay, as inconvenient and bothersome as it is, may actually prove to be somewhat providential, as we’re now also able to continue fine-tuning various game mechanics, and incorporate some of the feedback that has been obtained during our soft launch.  Our development team has actively been listening to the feedback that has come our way, and are implementing certain changes into the game that are a direct result of that feedback!

We appreciate everyone’s continued patience and understanding.

Acre

• View Profile
Re: Regarding Our World-Wide Launch Date
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 11:23:10 AM »
I am glad you are taking the time to do this improve the situation, as it doesn't seem like economy and balance are quite there yet given the feedback I have seen in this forum.

There were two main things I have read on these which are concerning.

Key drops - It sounds like with some more time and testing you can get this right so that it doesn't drive people away.

Gear repair - It sounds like there is more time spent on gear repair than virtue and being an Avatar. If my Avatar has to run around naked to grind things to escape gear repair then it'll be that much harder to lose myself in olde Britannia and get into the virtue side which is unique to this series. I can see a lot of people would be interested in paying to escape this system which sounds like it's a distraction to the game. Not by buying keys, but just having it go away.

Origin was about creating worlds, and the gear repair and micro transactions appear to be determined to drag you out of immersion and depth we expect from Britannia.

That being said, I look forward to giving it a go when it is ready.

LowlyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 12:18:32 PM »
I am glad to hear this. I was getting concerned you guys didn't have enough time to fix the crippling problems with the game before launch.

Browncoat Jayson

• View Profile
    • The Digital Lycaeum @ Ultima Codex
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 02:00:53 PM »
Thanks for the update, and for taking the time to get things right.

Jack Pipsam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 02:13:59 AM »
Can't wait until it comes to Australia :)
But glad to have an update.

GreenAjah

• In the Last Battle, get beside me, or behind me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 11:13:21 AM »
Take your time!  I think most of us are willing to wait a little while longer, if it means the game is even better when it launches!

Balrogz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 09:22:34 AM »
NoooOooOooOooOo !

Just kidding... Manyhugz to all of you for getting this brilliant installment right.

Very excited.

-Balrogz

(One who actually bought ultima3 in the store back in the day)